The Road to Inspire 2018 – Part 2
So, it seems like the Mentor emails have been distributed to the Inspire Mentors and they are reaching out to their Mentees this week. I am excited to be a Mentor again since I know when I was attending my 1st Inspire (then called WPC) it was a scary experience and having help definitely made a difference.
Even without a mentor assigned, the First Time Attendee (FTA) can still have an amazing experience.
CONFIRMED since my previous blog:
Purple Lanyards will exist for FTAs and mentors will have green lanyards. Mentors will always help and you should never hesitate to ask for help or guidance from a mentor. I am not sure if this is happening again this year but if it is, look for the mentors for help and offer help to the FTAs.
Some great events have now been announced for the FTA:
- An orientation session titled: First Time Attendee Orientation – Making the Most of Microsoft Inspire, on Sunday, July 15, 2018 from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM. Be sure to look for more details in the session catalog.
- An FTA meet up in the IAMCP Booth during the Welcome Reception – Sunday, July 15 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- A workshop session titled: Turning Inspiration into Action, on Thursday, July 19 from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM. Be sure to look for more details in the session catalog.
- First Time Attendees and their mentors are welcome to sit in a reserved section for Corenote (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday). This is a great way to network with other new First Time Attendees. (keep an eye out for further communications which indicate section number)
I hope this helps you get through some of the 1st time nervousness.
Also remember – if you ever feel lost – just come to the IAMCP booth in the Community Hub – someone will always be there to help!
Keep an eye out for future parts of this blog too. Some of the topics about which I hope to share more about in future posts:
- IAMCP Special event information
- Voices for Innovation event information
- Tips from other past attendees
- Party “Advanced Networking Events” information
- Suggested sessions
Reach out to me via WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Twitter or text between now and during the event for any more help!