IAMCP-US August 2018 Newsletter
LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
Hello IAMCP-US Community,
Our most prestigious public event for the International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners, United States (IAMCP-US), is the Microsoft Inspire Conference that was held in Las Vegas, NV on July 15th thru 19th. The conference started early for the IAMCP, with the US Board of Directors meeting being held on July 14th and July 15th, followed by our world-famous “Speakeasy” social event that was attended by more than 700 Microsoft Partners held immediately after Microsoft’s welcome reception on Sunday evening.
On July 16th, thousands of Microsoft partners and employees occupied the T-Mobile Arena to hear Microsoft’s senior leaders discuss the ways in which companies around the world are transforming their businesses through the power of partnership and Microsoft technologies. We learned about an increased focus in FY19 on industry-specific solutions, new strategies to drive customer acquisition and retention, and enhanced training and readiness opportunities. In addition, we heard from Brad Smith, Microsoft President and Chief Legal Officer, who presented at the IAMCP Executive Roundtable meetings that day.
The IAMCP was extremely active at this year’s Inspire Conference and below are some of the activities that we hosted:
- Executive Roundtable Meetings: Over 16 Roundtable meetings were hosted by the IAMCP, which included Brad Smith, Gavriella Schuster, Kurt DelBene, Steven Guggenheimer, David Willis, David Smith, Toby Richards, Brent Combest, Tracy Crain, Justin Slagle, Gretchen O’Hara, Rajiv Sodhi, Judit Nagypal, Raúl Lozano, Carlos Bueso and Klaus Fander.
- Women in Technology: held several sessions, a booth in the community hub, and the SOLD OUT WIT Charity Luncheon, attended by over 1,000 guests, including special guest, Satya Nadella. Randy Steinle was the recipient of the “Man of WIT” award.
- Awards: The IAMCP Prometheus Award, recognizing a Microsoft employee for dedication to our organization, went to Kati Quigley.
- Scholarships: The Rudy Rodriguez Scholarship Fund recipient was announced.
- Partners: Our strategic alliance partners, including Comcast and Crayon, helped us run the IAMCP Community Hub and many of our events.
- Sessions: 20-plus IAMCP members presented at Inspire sessions.
We are very pleased to announce that membership has increased by over 114% in the last 12 months, and we are currently at the highest membership totals since 2015. I want to remind everyone that growing the IAMCP membership is our responsibility, so please help us promote our success stories on the IAMCP website. In addition, we have announced our new Virtual Chapter, which is designed to support IAMCP members that are not located near a current IAMCP chapter. Furthermore, we have announced the “New Member Growth Challenge,” and an award will be given to the chapter that adds the most members by August 30, 2018. The award will be announced after September 1st.
We need your help immediately to fulfill a sponsorship obligation before August 30, 2018. Please join now, it’s free, no commitment and you never know when that whale of an opportunity will come your way that is going to require assistance. Be ready, click here.
The SherWeb IAMCP Partner Program includes the following benefits:
- $1,000 Professional Services Credit for IAMCP Members
- A Dedicated Account Manager
- Pre-Sales Support and quote – pricing assistance
- Migration Tools and Support
- Help Desk Support
- Assistance generating annuity business and retaining account control
- Sales, Marketing and Web Content Portal and Assistance
- Potential Not for Resale Software
- Assistance moving your customer organization to the cloud
In conclusion, I am extremely excited about the progress that we have made in the first eight months of my position. We are progressing very well to make the IAMCP the best Microsoft Partner Organization on the planet!
US Board of Directors